THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR THE 2010 COMPETITION. THANKS TO ALL WHO ENTERED!
Do you think you have the next great “green” product idea? Then you need to enter the 2010 Greenovation Competition of Central PA!
What’s the goal of this competition?
- To encourage our region’s entrepreneurs and companies to pursue green product concepts.
- To provide an opportunity to make a difference for our environment and pursue a “green” idea.
- To provide all contestants with awareness of and access to service providers to help launch that business and idea, regardless of the competition outcome.
What are the criteria to consider my product idea “green”?
Inventors must submit an original product idea that reflects green initiatives. The concept should:
- Address both immediate and future environmental impacts
- Have positive environmental objectives
- Minimize waste
- Work toward sustainability of items/resources
The winning invention will have the lowest possible environmental impact with the highest possible benefits.
Looking for Inspiration?
The Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ “tweeted” greenovations and green topics on twitter to help people get in the “green innovation” mindset. Check it out!
Who can enter the competition?
Any entrepreneur or company in the Central Pennsylvania region who wants to pursue a green product idea or green product line. Also faculty and students enrolled at institutions of higher education in the region are eligible to apply.
If I am under the age of 18 can I enter? Yes you can, however you are required to have a Parental Consent Form signed by a parent or legal guardian. Form must accompany the completed application. For a copy of the Form please contact the KIZ at 570-329-3200 x8073 or info at wlkiz dot com. Can I enter more than one idea? Yes, individuals can submit more than one idea. Completed applications must be submitted for each idea.
What’s in it for the winner?
The contest will have a grand prize winner and runner-up.
The grand prize winner will receive a complete prize package (currently valued at over $11,000!) including cash and services. Click here for sponsor and prize details.
How do I enter?
- Agree to the rules and regulations of the contest.
- Complete a written application (available for download below) and return it to the Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ by 12 noon on Friday, November 5 at the mailing or physical address below. Email submission of your application is acceptable to info at wlkiz dot com as long as a scanned copy of the signature page is also attached, or is faxed to us at 570-329-1440 by noon on Friday, November 5. No exceptions.
- If selected as a finalist, contestant must be available and willing to present their idea to an expert panel of judges on Thursday, November 18.
- Winner announcement on Thursday, November 18. The winnner will also be presented on the Ken Sawyer Radio Show on WRAK. Finalists and judging times to be determined. Final presentations will be 15 minutes: 10 minute presentations with 5 minutes for judge questions and answers.
When is the deadline to enter?
- Completed and signed applications must be received in person or by mail by 12 noon on Friday, November 5 at the Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ’s offices at the IMC, Inc. No exceptions.
- Physical Address: IMC, Inc. Center for Business and Workforce Development at Pennsylvania College of Technology, 1127 West Fourth St., Williamsport, PA 17701.
- Mailing Address: Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ, c/o IMC, Inc., One College Ave. DIF 32, Williamsport, PA 17701.
- Finalists will be selected and contacted by Friday, November 12. A presentation judging time will be scheduled with the finalists for Thursday, November 18.
- Winner will be announced during a Greenovation Awards Presentation on Thursday, November 18. The grand prize winner will also be interviewed on the Ken Sawyer Radio Show.
What if I have more questions?
Please call the Williamsport/Lycoming KIZ at 570.329.3200 x8073; or email info at wlkiz dot com.